Thank you for taking the time to review our web services. This kit has information to help guide you through understanding how the web can increase your business visibility online.
Overview of Web Design Science
There is a science to website design and promotion. Today there are many tools to improve your presence online. Social Media; Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Pintrest, Google Plus are all popular networks. These Social Networks offer tools to promote your business. Using these tools can greatly improve your presence.
Your website should be up to date and offer visitors a way to share and distribute the content; Like, Share, +, Pin etc. Your website should also provide a system to allow ease of content management. To take full advantage of a website content should be added regularly. The new content should auto update your Social Profiles. Your website should have a domain name that reflects the name of your business. This domain name is included in your Social Profiles and anywhere your content goes.
But there’s more.
Once you have a website that allows you to manage and publish new content and a domain name relevant to your business, there are additional steps to improve your presence. Local Search Networks are the services online where you can search for a local business. Google Maps, Bing Local, Yahoo Local, Yelp, Urban Spoon, Manta, Angies List, Super Media, Local.com, Merchant Circle, and many others. These services offer a free basic profile as well as upgrades to allow additional information or advertising.
Basic Local Search Profiles which are free simply require you to complete them to ensure accuracy and verify your business location. It’s a good idea to have a Master Profile for ease of setup and thoroughness. Beyond the Basic Search Listings you can compliment your local presence with an advertising budget toward rotating ads. Something that is month to month without contract is the best way to go.
There are other services available but these are the basics of website design. We refer to this as continuity. There’s a flow of information readily available to anyone searching. After all the point is to have them walk in your door, not the competitors.
Lets break it down to the basics of web design science:
But there’s more.
- Register a Domain Name – Choose a domain suitable and relevant to your business.
- Obtain Web Hosting – Choose a hosting plan that will support your website software and updates.
- Assess Your Options – Determine what you need and commit to putting a strategy in motion.
- Build Your Content – Put together your ideas and a document outlining your navigation and page content, graphics etc.
- Create Your Social Profiles – Decide which Social Networks are most appropriate for your business.
- Claim Basic Local Listings – Take advantage of free listings available to your business.
- Compliment Your Presence – Set an advertising budget and decide which local directories best suit your needs.
- Blog Blog Blog – Today it is easier than ever to publish and distribute content on the web.
Is this a lot to take in?
Not to Worry!
Sure there’s a lot. Maybe it’s hard to understand and put the puzzle together.
We are a full service web provider. Our clients are with us for one simple reason: we take care of the web for their business.
- We handle their domain names and records.
- Provide hosting services and support.
- Design and manage their website software.
- Setup Social Network Profiles and administer them.
- Setup Local Basic Listings and administer them.
- Provide marketing services to compliment your web presence.
- Local Month to Month Advertising
- Email Marketing
- Content Creation
- Lead Generation
We have a network of more than 150 support techs and several third party partners. You can’t run around trying to figure this web stuff out on your own. You need to focus on running your business. We are here to help you get on the web and streamline the process of content publishing from your website.
Here are links to pages with more information about our services.
- Request Consultation
- Website Build Request
We have other services but these are certainly where you begin.
Other points of interest:
*Applies to Small Business Hosting and Managed Cpanel.